Deconstructing the Saree – Part 4 – the Blouse Sleeve
The blouse. Such an important component of the whole saree-wearing experience. Deconstructing the blouse itself can take some time. Today I focus on the blouse sleeve, as I drape my 8th saree of the #100sareepact.
So many questions to answer before deciding about the sleeve..
1. How much material is available?
2. Sleeveless/cap sleeve/short sleeve/elbow length/ 3/4 sleeve/full sleeve?
3. Tight or loose?
4. How much of the border do you want on the blouse sleeve?
5. Do you want extra work done on the sleeve?
6. Do you want the sleeve to be of another color/fabric from the rest of the blouse?
And so on… Whew!
Here, my cousin Anju and I model our different blouse sleeve lengths, smiling after our little cousin Alisha’s engagement.